Here’s How You Use Facebook Pixel For Your Social Media Ads
Let’s talk about the Facebook Pixel in 2021.
So if you’ve been reading our posts for some time, then you’ve seen us highlight some of our client results.
Like these hundreds of thousands of website leads…
…and these millions of dollars in website sales.
But we always get asked about how we are able to see the precise cost per lead, cost per website sale, and the value of the sale from Facebook.
Well, that is all done with the use of the Facebook pixel in 2021.
So in this post, we will unpack what the Facebook pixel is, everything that you can do with it, and how to set it up, step-by-step.
If you want to run ads on Facebook or Instagram, then you should absolutely, without hesitation, track every single thing with the Facebook pixel in 2021.
Natively, Facebook helps you track the impressions, reach, clicks, and all the costs associated with their ads.
But those can be viewed as vanity metrics. At the end of the day, you want to track real leads and real sales that your Facebook ad campaign has generated.
So how exactly do you do it?
Well, that’s what we’re going to show you step-by-step today. And we’ll also review the key details you need to know about changes for IOS 14.
What Is The Facebook Pixel?
So, the Facebook pixel is a piece of code that you can place on your website.
This code then collects data that helps you track events or conversions from Facebook ads.
This data helps you to optimize ads, build better audiences and remarket to people who have already taken some kind of action (more on this later).
What Can You Track With The Facebook Pixel?
There are 17 “standard” actions that the Facebook pixel can track with very little effort or adjustments.
Now we put “standard” in quotations because these 17 actions are NOT the only actions that you can track with the Facebook pixel.
Instead, it’s just more of what we would say 90% of people want to track.
But as you start to get more comfortable and advanced with Facebook ads, you’re going to want to go well beyond these standard events.
And then, start tracking all kinds of things or Facebook ad metrics.
That’s because doing so will help you reach the maximum potential or optimization level of your Facebook ads.
So here are the 17 standard events:
- Purchase: Someone completes a purchase on your website.
- Lead: Someone signs up for a trial or otherwise identifies themselves as a lead on your site.
- Complete registration: Someone completes a registration form on your site such as a subscription form.
- Add payment info: Someone enters their payment information in the purchase process on your website.
- Add to cart: Someone adds a product to their shopping cart on your site.
- Add to wishlist: Someone adds a product to a wishlist on your site.
- Initiate checkout: Someone starts the checkout process to buy something from your site.
- Search: Someone uses the search function to look for something on your site.
- View content: Someone lands on a specific page on your website.
- Contact: Someone contacts your business.
- Customize product: Someone selects a specific version of a product such as choosing a certain color.
- Donate: Someone makes a donation to your cause.
- Find location: Someone searches for your business’s physical location.
- Schedule: Someone books an appointment at your business.
- Start trial: Someone signs up for a free trial of your product.
- Submit application: Someone applies for your product, service, or program such as a credit card.
- Subscribe: Someone subscribes to a paid product or service.
So yes, that’s a lot of tracking options to help you in optimizing Facebook ads.
But of course, you don’t need to pick all the options right away, in fact, many may not apply to you at all.
But, there are instances where all can be valuable given the nature of your business.
So before we look at how to set this all up, we have to drill down into your head the importance of tracking.
We see so many people get excited about doing Facebook ads that they just rush right into setting up an ad…
…only to find out later that they have no idea what the heck is happening with their advertising.
Even worse, if you have a business that is making sales from another source of tracking, then you are really not sure if your ads are working or not.
So of course, this is the key reason to slow down, set up your Facebook pixel and test that your pixel is working.
And this may take a couple of days before you set up ads.
By the way, if you want to learn more about Facebook advertising in 2021, then be sure to read this post next.
Create Custom Audiences Using Facebook Pixel
Lastly, the Facebook pixel helps you to unlock the true power of Facebook ads with custom audiences.
Custom audiences are the difference between success and failure with Facebook ads.
We have done advertising now for over 1,000 people and the clients who have custom audiences have better results – EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
The problem is that most people have no idea that a Facebook pixel is basically a requirement to create custom audiences.
But even with the Facebook pixel installed, custom audiences are very advanced.
And so, we’re thinking of creating another post on custom audiences and how to use them step by step.
So now you should have a general understanding of Facebook pixels. Let’s now discuss how to set it up correctly.
4 Steps On How To Set-up Facebook Pixel
- Find and create the Facebook pixel
- Install it on various websites
- Set up the events and actions you want to track
- Monitor the activity and make decisions
All of these steps were broken down in an easy-to-follow walkthrough guide in the video at the top of this post, so if you want to learn more about them, simply scroll up and watch it.
So that’s how you set up the Facebook pixel on your website!
We hope we were able to answer all of your questions on how to use Facebook pixel to maximize the results you’re getting from your social media ads.
But if you want to really leverage the power of Facebook advertising, then we have the perfect solution for you.
Check out our social media advertising services today or get in touch with us!
Web Design, Digital Marketing, SEO agency, Arepo, Ibadan & Lagos, Nigeria